Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

In a better place...

Yesterday at the shelter I found a dog that i just fell in love with!! He was quite feisty and barked a lot but not in an aggressive, obnoxious way. He was so fun and playful!! I played with him for about five minutes, looking like a crazy woman dancing around in front of his cage!

I saw that his name was 'Jerry' but there wasn't much more identifying information, as he was a stray. I looked him up online last night to try and learn more to no avail. So I decided to call this morning to find out more about him.

The woman I spoke to was practically useless, as she wouldn't go into the kennel to find his ID# and had no idea if the dogs were being moved today or anything. I just decided to stop by after school.

I looked everywhere for Jerry and could not find him. I asked a worker where he may be and he gave me some other options. Jerry was not there. Turns out that most of the dogs in the lavender room were euthanasized today. My eyes filled with tears as the worker told me that the dog didn't actually have a name and 'Jerry' is the dog trainer.

I kept looking just in case and another worker took me outside to where some of the dogs were but the dog I knew as 'Jerry' was gone. He was too aggressive and after 96 hours if the dogs are untrainable they have to get rid of them.

I know God is teaching me something, and that this happened for a reason. I am ready, now more than ever, for what God has in store for me and working with these animals.

Adopt from the pink or lavender room first, as these dogs may not be around much longer. Then go to the yellow room, as those dogs have been in the shelter too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment